It's weekend! It's time to feast again! After 3 consecutive posts about Batam island, Foodandholiday is back to write about our local restaurant's delicacies. Actually, foodandholiday has been wanting to write about this place since the first visit, but the plan was called off due to the Batam weekend getaway's posts. As mentioned in our previous post, we are still owing a one last post about Batam, but we might as well keep it until the next post :) There are quite numbers of pictures in this post as we compress the two time of visits into one semi-long blog post. We hope you enjoy our writings :) One fine afternoon when one of us blurted out an idea to dine in a restaurant who is arguably still new in the industry. 2 years old is actually not that new, but this was our first time there. Our's Brew Resto & Lounge is located in a nook of one of the street in Cemara Asri Housing Complex. As we all know, Cemara Asri has many outdoor as well as indoor restaurants/stalls/cafe/eateries. Our's Brew is one of those who has chic exterior design.
In contrary to our assumption, big solid dining tables and classic sturdy wooden chairs were seen in the whole restaurant instead of stylish tables and chairs we are very likely to find in other hipster cafes. In my very humble opinion, this restaurant is more for formal occassions than the casual informal hanging out type of dining. Those chairs make huge impact, seriously.
Service was good. We were very pleased that we encountered excellent treatment started from the moment we reached the entrance of the restaurant in which the staff opened the door and greeted us, escorted us to the tables we desired and patientlly explained what was good in the store. All the staffs were awesome, even the janitor was all the way smiling too. - Green Tea / Coffee Mocha / Peppermint Tea : Idr. 25,000.-/ each. - Lychee Tea with bubbles : Idr. 30,000.- We kicked off the dinner by ordering drinks for everyone. Green tea, coffee mocha, peppermint tea and lychee tea with bubbles. Picture below is green tea, didn't manage to take pics of the rest.
- Kiwi Juice / Strawberry Juice / Mix Juice : Idr. 28,000.-/each. These drinks were from our second visit, we found out that they have fresh, pure squeezed juices which are free from additives.
- Mixed Grill Sausage : Idr. 128,000 (20% off) = Idr. 102,400.- One of the food spread we had was this Mixed Grill Sausage. Huge portion and decent aroma. The kitchen used 3 types of succulent and juicy sausages, fresh sauteed vegetable, half a grilled tomato, smooth mash potato and palatable gravy. We digged in and wiped off everything on the plate, too good.
- Pork Chop Teriyaki : Idr. 125,000 (20% off) = Idr. 100,000.- Succulent pork chop, grilled and baste with teriyaki sauce. This was no less delicious too. Not many restaurants/cafes in town serve pork, but they do. Most of us like teriyaki sauce, and yes, this dish recommended by the staff didn't turn us off.
- Pizza Felica : Idr. 65,000 (20% off) = Idr. 52,000.- Pizza has undergone some radical changes from the original recipe, just like this Pizza Felica, an Italian pizza. Salmon, yellow and green bell peppers, olive, onion and cheese, all crammed together on top of that thin and crispy-on-the-edge pizza. This was precisely what we all look for. Everything taste so damn good in mouth. Lekker Urban Cafe's thin crispy pizza was our first crush back then and now, and we proudly claim that we have came accross second crush now. And don't you think that Idr. 52K is considered as cheap?
- Char Hor Fun : Idr. 48,000 (20% off) = Idr. 38,400.- During our 2nd visit,we tried our luck on their chinese dishes. With the help from the prettily printed menu, we settled our choice in Char Hor Fun. What we found inside were prawns, pork, chicken, fish ball, pak choy and eggs. Not much taste in this bowl of hor fun except the basic flavor of each ingredient. Our taste buds are used to saltier food, so this was kinda not our cup of tea.
- Thai Fried Rice : Idr. 55,000 (20% off) = Idr. 44,000.- No doubt when you see fried rice shrouded in pineapple shell, Thai Fried Rice is what the universe calls it. Besides the chinese food above, we opted for this Thai Fried Rice too (in a non Thai restaurant). From the appearance, the way the kitchen garnished the fried rice made us spend a good 5 minutes or more trying to take a delicate shot of it. Similar with their char hor fun, taste wise of this fried rice was close to tasteless before we decided to toss the rice with some chopped green chili with soy sauce. This would hit high score if the chef throw more salt on it.
- Chocolate Lava : Idr. 40,000 (20% off) = Idr. 32,000.- We were three-quarter full after the mains, but the stomachs were still demanding for food. LOL. Then we flipped through the menu again and saw something appealing on dessert section. In less than 10 minutes, this chocolate lava cake was served to our table. Witnessing the dark chocolate ganache flowing out from the soft sponge cake and collaborated with vanilla sauce, blueberry sauce also caramel was the pure joy. Oh well, we have no complaint towards this.
– Spanish Flourless Cake : Idr. 40,000 (20% off) = Idr. 32,000.-
Had this during our first visit and it was apparently good. We were actually kinda attracted by the mark “gluten-free” printed on the menu. It’s brownie like, but spongier and softer. We like this!
- Churros Chocolate : Idr. 38,000 (20% off) = Idr. 30,400.- Oh, we are churros lover! So this was another exciting factor to the evening. Too bad, we were way too full to accommodate these churros sticks. Will take another chance to savour this again in our next visit when the stomach is not too full.
In the end of this post, what we would like to highlight here is their impeccable service. During our both visits, the customers were treated like royalty. As we wrote earlier, everyone had a wide smile on their faces, from the staffs to even the janitor. They are currently offering a 20% off for all food items, don't know when will the promotion last though. Good luck to Our's Brew! We will be back again to enjoy their other specialties. Our's Brew Resto & Lounge : Address : Komplek Cemara Asri, Jalan Berjaya No. 88A-B, Medan Phone : 061-6632750 / 085270040908 / 087867490289 Instagram : @oursbrew Website : www.oursbrew.com